Friday, July 23, 2010

Camping (Nuff Said)

Okay, I promised a camping post so here it is. We are going camping for two weeks starting Sunday, yeah that's right, two weeks. I've lost my ever loving freaking mind who wants to be stuck camping for two weeks with two kids (minus the dog thank G** for that), and a trucker hubby (who never gets lost ha ha ha). Me, apparently, that's who.

I love my kids there's no doubt about that and I love my hubby no question but two weeks in a truck camper on the open road headed west to Vancouver and back again hmmmm not so much. Now don't get me wrong I don't mind a weekend away and I am thankful we are not tenting (because then I would just go on strike, walk out, head for divorce court) you get the picture right. Tenting, in my humble opinion, is tantamount to torture and not for me. I am thankful we have a camper that sleeps four (squishly) and has a toilet because without a toilet I ain't going no where, no how. I would have fought for a full out bathroom with a shower stall etc but they cost waaaaaay to much money more than my pocketbook can afford.

So on Sunday we head out West (further West for us) to the great Province of British Columbia where the trees are huge the water is warm and the fruit is plentiful. I am looking forward to showing my kids sights they haven't seen before and being able to see and feel the ocean, of which, they have never done. I am looking forward to two weeks of sleeping past 5:00 a.m., reading several books and listening to an eclectic assortment of music on my ipod. I am looking forward to conversations with my hubby that don't start with "you need to do" and giving some one on one time to my children.

I am not looking forward to lowering camper legs, raising camper legs, sleeping in a small confined area, cooking on a teeny weeny bbq or in a small confined area, dirty hair, dirty bodies and dirty laundry.

However, all that being said, I have never in my 20+ years of employment, ever taken more than one week of vacation at a time. This is a novelty that is making me nervous, excited and yes even happy. I and my family really need this time to spend together to reconnect, to relax, and to have some fun it's a well deserved, well earned vacation that has been a long time coming.

Peace Out
Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment