Friday, July 23, 2010

Just Shoot Me Now

Would someone please, please enlighten me about what happens when a boy turns 11? Do their brains just turn to mush and drivel out of their heads via their ears? Do they wake up one morning with "I've got a complex" living on their back? What? What? is going on with my 11 year old boy?

See my Wonder Boy has some serious insecurities where and how he developed them I have no freaking idea. We have always told him we love him, we have always supported some of his rather odd ideas (even if I don't think some of them are all that great). We have always tried to support the things he wanted to do and we have encouraged him to keep trying the things he doesn't think he can do.

Some where some how he has come across the notion that we love him less than Diva W ... seriously??? are you kidding me. We waited 10 years, 10 freaking years of trying to have him and then when he finally arrived we were never more thrilled or excited than to see him, to hold him in our arms. We were so blessed when he arrived there are just no words. All you parents out there you know that feeling you get it.

Have we used tough love? Sometimes, he can't have everything he wants and sometimes he has to work for things he wants and yes he has responsibilities. I believe that we would be failing him if we did not apply these things.

I am just so frustrated right now please someone tell me this is just a stage and dear God don't tell me it's going to get worse.....


Peace Out
Bonnie

2 comments:

  1. Well now you've got me worried. I thought my 6 year old son was bad. Good to know it only gets worse, lol.

    I've left a little something for you at http://www.lifeofatwinglegal.com/2010/08/another-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well honey, I got nothing for you! My son is almost 11 and I just chalk it up to being a boy and pre pre puberty. God only knows but I'm still looking for some answers. How about when all the friends come over wow we sure aren't dealing with rocket scientists. If I find some answer I will be sure to shoot it your way and please do the same for me!

    http://1funkywoman.blogspot.com

    new follower

    ReplyDelete